Sheffield Family Hubs
Come along to your local Family Hub to meet other families, get support and join in with free activities. What’s on in each Family Hub varies according to the needs of the local community but typically you can come to:
- Preparation for parenthood groups
- Health support and clinics run by Midwives and Health Visitors
- Toddler groups
- Fun learning activities with your family
And get help and support with:
- Getting into training and work
- Information and advice about feeding your baby, healthy eating for your family, active lifestyles, 2 year old dental care, home safety etc.
- Free and low cost healthy start vitamins
- Registering your child’s birth (by appointment at selected centres only)
Visit the link to the Family Hub page on the Sheffield Directory, https://www.sheffielddirectory.org.uk/children-and-families/ to find details of your local Family Hub and the activities, support and groups they hold there.
You can book onto the Family Hub groups on Eventbrite, via this link Sheffield Family Hubs Events | Eventbrite
Why have Family Centres become Family Hubs?
As part of the Government’s new Family Hub & Start for Life programme our current Family Centres will be transformed into Family Hubs, building upon the existing services that are in place to support families from pregnancy through a child’s early years until they reach adulthood.